As a user of SAP Business One you can consume the capabilities of Document Information Extraction (which is part of the SAP AI Business Services Portfolio) for importing documents to SAP Business One.
In this blog, we provide a summary of how to better use its potential in connection to the newly delivered functionality.
The basic functionality is described in the relevant SAP Note 3060961 and this blog. The additional functionality coming in the release of SAP Business One FP 2305 includes the following template management feature:
- Using the Templates as part of the Document Information Extraction service. The details of the template feature are provided in this blog. The advantage of using templates is to specify a template for repeating layouts which will improve the extraction results for documents of this type.
- As part of the Template feature there is a possibility to define a constant value for a specific output field. Therefore, for example, if you know that the template shall cover the layouts of a particular vendor you can specify its name or Tax ID as a constant value and then you can make sure that the specific value is always there.
- The Template assists with additional languages. For example, documents in Hebrew can be processed with better recognition results.
- For standard integration between SAP Business One and the Document Information Extraction service, you can use the “autoselect” feature of the template. It means the following:
- If there is no Template used for a specific Document Information Extraction service account, the standard model is used.
- If there is a template used, then the service tries to match the particular document to the base template. However, if there is no match, the standard model is used for the data extraction.
- The standard integration solution supports the templates created for the standard SAP scheme – “SAP_Invoice_Schema”. The scheme includes all standard fields included in the Document Information Extraction service.
Processing templates similar to the basic functionality:
- The Document Information Extraction protocol is set up and activated.
- The Electronic Document Service is running with “ConnectorDOX-1 (DOX)” processing.
- The document in pdf (or other supported format) is taken from the predefined location by the Electronic Documents Service.
- The document is processed to the Document Information Extraction service considering the above-mentioned “autoselect” option.
- The result is generated in the form of a JSON file. The processed document JSON file would include the following elements:
The results are stored in the ECM8 table in the SAP Business One database and then they can be processed by wizard – the Electronic Documents Import Wizard (EDIW) for Document Information Extraction protocol.
The completion process in the Electronic Documents Import Wizard was enhanced in version SAP Business One 2305, see the related blog.
This is a summary of available functionality in SAP Business One. It should help you to get better results from the integration between SAP Business One and the Document Information Extraction service.
Regardless of the industry, it’s undeniable that the help of AI, specifically Document Information Extraction, can overcome various challenges in the area of data recognition.
Available in the Web Client for SAP Business One 10.0 FP2202, and SAP Business One 10.0 FP2202, version for SAP HANA.
Please get in touch if you would like to upgrade to version 10.0.
We hope that you find this tip helpful. For more information on Business One, please visit our webpage.
Source: SAP Business One Community Blogs