The SAP Business One Business Unit at G3G Africa is looking to welcome an SAP Business One Consultant who is eager to contribute to the vision and team values lived out at G3G. If you are interested in being considered, below are a few pointers that we at G3G consider important in our future team members.
You can communicate and express yourself – both to your teammates as well as when interacting with our clients. You take ownership of your clients and give them the best that SAP Business One has to offer. You should be able to look after big and small clients with equal commitment. You don’t wait to be told what to do, you act and live out your creativity in your workspace and with your clients in a spontaneous manner. You’re conscious of time and the value of resources in the SME world in which we work and as such you always seek to deliver value in a time-efficient manner. You are able to work with and alongside your colleagues, spontaneously forming new teams as the need arises, lead teams, and share knowledge, even when working individually.
- Project delivery and team lead.
- Business processes analysis and understanding the client’s business development path and roadmap.
- Research and co-develop new solutions.
- Match client’s identified solution growth points with evaluated solutions.
- Prepare functional specifications and configuration documentation.
- Solution implementation and roll-out to users.
- Performing unit, scenario, and integration testing.
- Conduct user acceptance testing with customer users.
- Develop suitable training material.
- Oversee end-user training.
- Maintain all client-related and/or project-related documentation under configuration control on the document configuration management platform.
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Manage solution demonstrations to clients, also solutions other than SAP Business One.
- Provide client support, both onsite and remotely.
- Proactively understand customer needs and requirements and provide timeous solutions.
- Maintain regular client visits (according to COVID-19 protocols), ensuring high levels of end user-system satisfaction.
Desirable Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, BSc, or BEng of any kind, BCom (Informatics), Tertiary qualification(s) in business studies, or other related qualifications. If you have learned to think, research, and communicate your concepts – those will hold you in good stead.
- Minimum 5 year’s work experience in ERP implementations, preferably as an SAP Business One Consultant.
- Current SAP Business One certification (version 10 preferably).
- HTML / XML / UI5 knowledge.
- MSSQL knowledge and HANA for SAP Business One knowledge.
- Linux knowledge or certification.
- Crystal Reports knowledge and experience.
- Process flow knowledge.
- English – must be proficient, not only in speaking but also in business writing. Other languages like French, Portuguese, Swahili, etc, may just be an advantage.
- Experience in the implementation of Business Platforms in general and ERP solutions specifically.
- Excellent communication skills, including speaking to key stakeholders telephonically – yes, we still believe in speaking to our clients at G3G.
- The ability to generate professional and appropriate documentation – we provide the templates, you add the words that make sense to you, your colleagues, and your client.
- Prioritise – decide what needs doing now!
What can you expect from G3G and your role in the SME team?
- A lot of freedom. You manage your client pool as your own business.
- Freedom to choose and select suitable solutions for your clients.
- Freedom to travel and meet with your clients as you need (according to COVID-19 protocol of course).
- Support from your colleagues, the cloud admins (we host our own B1 Partner Managed Cloud), and the development & integration team. We have an in-house team that develops new solutions and assists consultants with integrations.
- Support from the pre-sales and post-sales team (one and the same people). We maintain a flat structure where any and all pile in when one calls out. So just shout!
- Odd hours! By now you’ve probably had enough experience to know that this industry thrives on weekend cut-overs and other strange deadlines.
- Fun and laughs, once you’ve grown accustomed to everyone’s quirks. We are family.